France > Medical Assistance

Everyone, French or foreigner, without social protection may go to the PASS (permanent Access to Health Care) for medical care. If necessary, it is also possible to go to the emergency service in the hospital.

A list of Free Medical Centres in France you find here.

If you can prove that you have been in France for over three months, even if you do not have a residence permit, you may request the State Medical Assistance, which will give you access to the health care system without going through the PASS. You must pay a fee of 30 € per year.

Asylum seekers and foreigners with residence permit in general have full access to the health system, either through the CMU (Couverture Maladie Universelle), or because they work, either because health care access of their spouse is exoptented to them.

Go back